While I am not a huge fan of Kate Walsh’s Grey’s Anatomy spinoff, I am definitely a fan of hers and NYX Cosmetics. Below is a simple guide for re-creating her evening look with NYX Cosmetics.
1. To achieve Kate’s new version of the “smokey eye” use the Single Eye Shadow in Prune. This is a perfect plummy mauve base.
2. Then blend Single Eye Shadow in Wallflower, a like pink shade, into the crease. Finish with a gold highlight along the brow bone to make eyes sparkle.
3. For eyeliner wet a fine pointed brush with water and dip it in Odyssey Single Eye Shadow. This warm grey compliments all eye colors and it is not as severe as black.
4. Finish the eyes with a coat of Doll Eye Mascara. (I’ll be receiving this product shortly to review!)
5. For cheeks apply Rouge Cream Blush in Hot Pink on moisturized skin for a warm glow. Apply to the apples with fingers and blend up towards the cheekbone. (See my review of this product here.)
6. Use Tinted Lip Spa in Sake, a pale, pink shade. The subtle lip color complements the dramatic eye makeup. (LOVE this product! See my review here.)
7. Finish off with Black Label Compact, a mineral based powder that provides a natural and light finish.
Visit www.nyxcosmetics.com to see all the products mentioned above.