Have you had plastic surgery? Have you considered it? You are certainly not alone.
According to the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, over 11.5 million surgical and non-surgical procedures were performed during the year 2006 in the United States alone.
Here are the top five of each type of method, surgical and non-surgical.
Cosmetic Plastic Surgery Procedures
- Liposuction – 403,684
- Breast augmentation – 383,886
- Eyelid surgery – 209,999
- Abdominoplasty – 172,457
- Breast Reduction – 145,822
Cosmetic Non-Surgical Procedures
- Botox – 3.1 million
- Hyaluronic Acid – such as Hylaform, Restylane – 1.5 million
- Laser hair removal – 1.4 million
- Microdermabrasion – 993,071
- Laser Skin Resurfacing – 556,172
I will be on the lookout for the statistics for 2007 when they are published next year. I wonder if the numbers will rise.
What do you think?