Whether you go out for Happy Hour with co-workers, start the weekend off with gal pals, or maybe itâ€™s a first date option, but itâ€™s not too early to start thinking about what youâ€™ll wear. Your choice of what to wear may be different, depending on who you are meeting up with,but thing ahead will ensure youâ€™re looking great.
Co-worker Happy Hour with co-worker means youâ€™ll be coming from work, so an all-out wardrobe change is not going to be an option. Just plan what youâ€™ll wearing that day ahead of time, so you can make a quick adjustment for a new look. Ideas:
- Wear a camisole beneath a jacket (even the most conservative suit attire), and then slip the jacket off for Happy Hour. No one will notice that youâ€™ve â€śchangedâ€ť your outfit, theyâ€™ll just notice that you look cool and casual.
- Add or subtract a scarf. Take off a scarf and tie it to our bag, or the reverse, and a simple accessory changes your look for work-like classic to Happy Hour chic.
- Wear bolder jewelry. It may not be every day work fare, but it can change the look of otherwise conservative business attire.
- If your work in a casual environment, wear a simple sun dress. Top it with a jacket or sweater for that air conditioned office, but shuck it off for Happy Hour.
- Wear your business suit. Business can be sexy, and hundreds of fantasies have been spun out around that theme.
Gal pal Happy Hour can be a prelude to an evening out, of just time to touch base before heading separate ways for the weekend. Which it is may dictate how you dress. Ideas:
- If you have time to change, a simple little black dress will always work.
- If youâ€™re coming from work, bring a sexy and fun dress to change into. Try something new, if youâ€™d like, your gal pals will give you honest feed back.
- Jeans. Always appropriate for the gals.
- With no time to change, tuck a pair of sexy heels in your bag, and shuck off the blazer.
- Casual Friday may give you options that you wouldnâ€™t otherwise have, and if so, take advantage of it by wearing jeans or capris. Dress up with a collared shirt, or down with a flouncy top. Change into spiky heels for Happy Hour
First date Happy Hour is a tough one. It can be a simple way to meet someone in a low-stress, no commitment environment. You want to look terrific, but without looking like you tried too hard. Ideas:
- Business attire. If youâ€™re coming from work, you can what you wore to work (see above). Iâ€™d pass on wearing a suit, though, unless youâ€™re both lawyers coming from court or accountants coming from and IRS meeting.
- A little black dress, but keep it even simpler than you did for with the gals. You want to look chic and put together, but you donâ€™t want to look overdressed, or like youâ€™re headed off to the prom.
- A sexy black skirt or well tailored pair of black pants, whichever you feel more comfortable in. Pair it with an equally sleek top for the Audrey Hepburn look.
- Solid color sundress. Save the flowers and fussy patterns for the gals, but a solid color sun dress with some sexy sandals scores high with the guys.
- Skinny jeans and heels. Choose a looser, flouncy top to offset the skinniness of the jeans This should become a classic first-date outfit.
Do you have a go-to Happy Hour outfit? What is it, and why does it always work for you?
Photo credit: Itâ€™s Holly @flickr