Unfortunately winter is lasting far into the new year this year and just as I thought I could move down to my thinner coat, a blast of winter cold returned to leave me shivering and cold all day long.Â I am definitely ready to pack up my sweaters and play with all of the light colors and flirty floral skirts for Spring, but I predict that we will have winter for at least another month.
The long winter really takes its toll on your skin, so as the cold temperatures and dry air continue you need to pay special attention to the way that you take care of your skin.Â Even though it’s almost March, you need to treat your skin like it’s the dead of Winter!
SpaFinder, a fabulous resource for finding great spa discounts and information about spas near your location, has shared some Winter Skin Warning! tips for keeping your skin smooth and hydrated throughout the long season on their Spa Blog:
- Get a facial!Â A great facial can be like giving your thirsty skin a big drink…
- Exfoliate once a week to remove dead skin cells and allow moisturizer to penetrate more deeply.
- Drink lots of water.
- Put on moisturizer right after getting out of the shower.
- Keep water temperature at warm, instead of hot.
- Use mild soap instead of anti-bacterial.
- Always wear sunscreen.
- Avoid alcohol-based skin products like toners.
- Use liquid foundation instead of face powder.
- Use a humidifier.
To find out more skin care tips and answer a lot of your skin care questions, you can visit the Club Spa Blog online.