Yes, you read that right. Getting MY skin Oscar-ready. Because guess where I’m headed?
In just days, I fly out to LA — yes, again — I’m going to be live-blogging the Oscars next weekend for Samsung!
I confess, when the day arrives, I do have a pretty fabulous day of beauty planned — it IS a pretty big deal, after all, but I do want to prepare. Not just for my important live-blogging gig, but also for the skin-killing results of all this flying!
Something many celebrities swear by is Epsom Salt – actually magnesium sulfate – it is easy to use, cheaper than a cup of coffee, and easy to find at your local drugstore or supermarket. Gwyneth Paltrow recently posted some beauty tips on site, which included a suggestion to take an Epsom Salt bath “to detox, revive muscles and de-puff skin.” Before that, the Daily Mail (London) reported that Heidi Klum soaked in Epsom Salt to get rid of bloating!
Seriously. How could I NOT try this stuff leading up to my big day? So, when it comes to preparing for the Red Carpet, here’s some great ways to make Epsom work for me. I mean you.
* For a gentle facial: Mix 1/2 TSP of Epsom Salt into cleansing cream for a deep-pore cleansing. Massage on skin. Rinse with cool water. Pat dry.
* To exfoliate: Mix 2 cups of Epsom Salt with 1/4 cup of petroleum jelly and a few drops of lavender essential oil. Use the mixture to gently scrub away dry skin patches.
* For a relaxing soak: Add two cups of Epsom Salt to the water in a standard-sized bathtub; soak for at least 12 minutes, three times weekly. For an extra treat, add a few drops of eucalyptus oil for a refreshing scent.
* For a simple hair volumizer: Combine equal parts of warm, deep conditioner and Epsom Salt. Work the warm mixture through your hair and leave on for 20 minutes. Rinse.
* For a foot scrub: Mix 2 cups of Epsom Salt with 1/4 cup of petroleum jelly and a few drops of your favorite essential oil. Use the mixture to gently scrub the heels and dry, rough patches on the feet. Repeat every few days.