Just kidding. There are exceptions. And apparently we need to talk about those exceptions, because the New York Post is talking about how maybe people should wear socks with sandals. Or maybe they shouldn’t! Their logic behind not wearing them is “ankles are disgusting” and you’ll only draw attention to them with socks. Well, thanks for taking away the last part of my body I did not feel a need to exercise, NY Post.
Neither one of these really makes clear who can wear socks with sandals and look appropriate. So I’ve put together a helpful quiz. Give yourself one point for each question you say “yes” to.
1) Are you a Grandfather?
2) Are you MY Grandfather?
3) Are you going out to barbecue, Grandad?
4) Grandad, are your bunions acting up again? They might be uncomfortable when you’re standing around at the barbecue.
5) Hey! It’s mosquito season Grandad.
6) And you and Grandma live in the middle of a swamp!
7) And you’re all out of bug-spray!
8) Holy shit, CROCS ARE ATTACKING THEY WANT YOUR FEET PUT ON SOME SOCKS THEY JUST ATE MY PINKIE TOE.
That is the end of the quiz. If three points or higher, you should wear socks with sandals. Otherwise, no.