Yesterday, my mother called to inform me that she had just placed an order for a pair of Jack Rogers. These sandals will replace a pair that lasted her 10 years. That’s a long time in shoe years, especially since these shoes are relatively inexpensive. The best part is that this particular style of sandal will never go out of style, which is supported by the fact that my mother, 10 years later, is still wearing the same shoe.
Here’s a list of fashion styles and accessories that are sure to be around for many more years to come:
- Jack Rogers: They come in every color combination imaginable and you can get them monogrammed.
- The Hermès Birkin Bag: The bag to end all bags. Sure it’s a bit pricy, but the splurge is totally worth all the heads you’ll be turning.
- Anything from J.Crew: A classic, reliable source that has been around since the 80s. I’m not embarrassed to tell you that it’s not uncommon for me to be wearing the same J.Crew outfit as my 85 year- old grandmother. Their kids line, “Crew Cuts,” ensures future generations of J.Crewers to come.
- The Chanel Flap Bag: Perfect for all occasions, both casual and fancy, and it will last forever if you store it in the duster bag.
- Tweed: This fabric has been around since the 19th century, but was popularized by Coco Chanel in the 1950s.
What classics are in your closet?