I’m ashamed to admit that I’m woefully behind on my jeans collection. I have one pair that I wear the shit out of, one that I wear but am not proud of, and one pair that I wear even though I can’t reeeaaallly fit into them. So for my own sake, and for yours, if you’re anything like me, here’s a guide to jeans we should all own this season:
- Every day-ers. These are the jeans that are comfy, look great with any shirt, make your ass look as amazing as it actually is, and don’t require any kind of starvation to fit into.
- Boyfriend jeans. Tougher to pull off than Katie Holmes makes them look, but that doesn’t mean you can’t find the right pair. Rock them with a tight tee for a little bit of balance.
- Skinny jeans. Not skinny jeans that you can’t get into, but skinny jeans that actually fit and don’t make you want to die every time you pull them on (I give myself…very good advice…)
- Black jeans. I was sort of anti-black jeans for a while, thinking that they were too reminiscent of middle school. But they’ve clearly taken hold of the fashion subconscious, and to be fair, they give you another option in the morning.
- Jeans that make you feel like a badass. This can mean whatever you want — maybe you feel like a badass in GAP boot-cuts. I don’t know. That’s a personal decision. But you should make it happen.