As you may have heard, this week Los Angeles hit record highs of nearly 115 degrees. And let me be the first to tell you: it’s bullshit.
But by having the following ten things on hand, at least you’ll be prepared should such an event happen in your town:
- An unlimited supply of popsicles. Seriously, they’re really refreshing.
- Air conditioning. Obv.
- Barring air conditioning, try purchasing an exhaust fan.
- A frozen snowball! Have your east coast relatives send one out.
- A winning personality, so that you can find a friend with a pool.
- Flip flops and daisy dukes. Or, comfort in your own nudity.
- Electricity. Do not be late in paying your bills leading up to an unexpected heat wave.
- A colorful vocabulary. “It’s so hot” gets sort of old by day five.
- Your sense of humor, lest you become a murderous statistic.