Let me say this: I love erotica. There. Now you know everything.
But it’s the rare piece of erotic writing that can serve as both masturbatory material and sex education.
Well, enter “Sex, Romance, Cupcakes!”, a reading held at Coco de Mer in West Hollywood last night. Hosted by writer and editor Rachel Kramer Bussel (Orgasmic; Best Bondage Erotica 2011), the event featured authors Oriana Small (Girlvert: A Porno Memoir), Pamela Madsen (Shameless), and Eden Bradley (The Lovers). All told, the evening was not only titillating and delicious, it was also informative. Here are five things I learned from these dirty, lovely ladies:
- If you ever go to Tantra camp, don’t expect to leave without having to rub one out in front of a bunch of strangers.
- Some porn stars really do use a lot of coke.
- I’m not the only one who occasionally sees masturbating as a chore, when I’m tired but too horny to sleep.
- Even the hardest of slaps during S&M play should be fun for the recipient.
- Sometimes, there can be safety in the most unlikely sexual encounters.