On any given day, bloggers the world over sit at home, alone, for the duration of the workday.
Of course, we’re not alone — many an aspiring screenwriter, cocktail waitress and stripper also wiles away their days by their lonesome, although I’d argue that cocktail waitresses and strippers have plenty of social interactions to look forward to later in the evening.
At any rate, if you, or someone you know works from home all day, here are a few things to be on the lookout for. If you or your friend begin exhibiting any of these symptoms, it’s time to plan a lunch date, so that you can stare across the table awkwardly at a friend, since you’ve forgotten how to socialize:
- The conviction that the animal that keeps you company is on the verge of saying something.
- Forgetting which way the knobs in your shower turn.
- Realizing after six months that you don’t know anymore what pants you own.
- A complete, total and utter inability to make appropriate small talk at gatherings.
- The feeling that despite all this, you’re somehow a working professional.