Courtney Stodden Wants Three Million Dollars For A Radio Tour

So, this is amusing. Gawker just got a hold of some emails that were ostensibly sent back and forth between adult groom Doug Hutchison and radio tour producer Jeremy Baumhower, who produces radio tours for up-and-coming pop artists who wish to shill their wares on radio stations across the country. Baumhower contacted him/them because he thought Courtney might want to promote her “music.” (Remember guys? Courtney is a talented lyricist and symbolist.) The puerile demands for money that followed strongly suggest that 1.) this is a sham marriage designed to make money (about which I’m actually kind of relieved), and 2.) Courtney was the one replying to the emails. Hutchison has a screw loose, sure, but he seems like he can probably read and write pretty good by now. The grammar, capitalization, punctuation, etc. are about on par with someone who was “homeschooled” and has zero experience negotiating deals. Check it out (my comments are in bold):

From: Jeremy Baumhower
To: Doug Hutchison
Sent: Fri, Aug 5, 2011 7:11 am
Subject: Radio Tour Request for Courtney

Doug, Krista, Courtney,

My name is Jeremy Baumhower and I am the executive producer of Mass Media Prep, which consists of 660 radio morning shows across the country. We would LOVE to get Courtney, or any combination of you three for a radio tour. A tour is back to back interviews via the phone with the biggest shows in the country. We would ask for 2-3 hours and you would be in front of 10 to 20M people. We would make every show play Courtney’s music and you can promote anything you wish. Please call me when you get this email. Congratulations on your wedding!!

Thanks

JB

Jeremy Baumhower
Mass Media Prep
Executive Producer and Writer
Professional Booker
419-[redcated] / 419-[redacted]
*Follow me on Twitter @jeremytheproduc

On Aug 5, 2011, at 10:53 AM, Doug Hutchison wrote:we want 3 million to appear

[I like to think Courtney is putting her pinky to her mouth Dr. Evil style here and saying "three meellion dollars! Muahaha!]

On Aug 5, 2011 at 10:55 AM, Jeremy Baumhower wrote:

it would be numerous radio shows at 8-9 minutes a hit.. I would love to pay that amount but we do not have any funds. Really trying to help her music career is what my thought was ..

JB

On Aug 5, 2011, at 10:56 AM, Doug Hutchison wrote:

too bad

On Aug 5, 2011 at 11:06 AM, Jeremy Baumhower wrote:

Doug..

Thanks for responding and considering. I really want to wish you the best of luck and love in your world. I love your work, and respect it greatly. Kudos for you for following your heart.

JB

On Aug 5, 2011, at 11:12 AM, Doug Hutchison wrote:

we want money

[ME WANT COOKIE!!!]

On Aug 5, 2011 at 11:15 AM, Jeremy Baumhower wrote:

I understand. Thought we could help Courtney’s career by putting her music first. If you have a change of heart… please do not hesitate to call or email.

JB

[This might be the classiest response to the impertinent phrase "we want money" that I have ever seen.]

• kjon

What’s up with the two and three word ungracious responses?! What was she too busy trying to keep that 50-year-old man’s hand out of her cookie jar? Learn some damn manners!

I’m loving the picture though. Sums her up perfectly.

• MM

I don’t know, I kinda feel bad for her. I mean, if she was a 25-year-old gold digger I’d think she was ridiculous, but the fact that she’s soooo very young just makes me think the poor girl needs better parenting. I wonder if she’s going to grow up to regret it. :/

• Abigail

I would assume the rude two and three word responses have to do with the fact that she always looks drugged out of her mind. Which would also explain the marriage, as a matter of fact…

• Stephanie Libou