1) Judging from the 4 pages on Amazon, it appears to be terribly written
2) Anal beads freak me out more than anything.
3) I don’t really even understand how they work.
4) Like Katie Roiphe, I have seen how they do it in Berlin.
5) Fine, I’ve seen the movie Cabaret.
6) I have also seen Quills
7) I am sexually sophisticated
8) After seeing Quills, I read 120 Days of Sodom at 14, and frankly, I found it kind of unrealistic.
9) Also, that is not a great book to read before you’ve actually had sex. Still. I kind of feel I’ve been there, done that.
10) Fine. I’m worried that anything that happened in 120 Days of Sodom might show up in Fifty Shades of Grey, but especially any of the list stuff at the end, where they start carving out new orifices on people.
11) Like, I don’t think you could carve a belly sex orifice, and have sex with it, and have the person live, the way they do in that book. I just don’t think you can.
12) Oh, God, they were having dying body sex in 120 Days? That’s awful!
13) I like it when people are nice to each other
14) I love Whit Stillman movies
15) My erotic kink might be “cuddling”
16) I am a hayseed.
17) If the heroine’s name is Anastasia Steele, I do not understand how she does not have superpowers?
18) I love colors!
19) Oh, I liked The Story of O. I would rather re-read that.
20) I think the desire for escape from the pain of simply being trapped inside a body, time moving forward, the hell of remembering other people, the grotesque, tortured act of being described in O – well, I do not think that is going to be effectively summed up by a millionaire (Christian Grey) texting a college student “laters, baby.”
21) So, because Anne Desclos did this better.