What are you doing this weekend besides last minute shopping? Probably some wrapping and more wrapping and chugging down the spiked egg nog to get through all the wrapping, aren’t you?
As one who firmly believes every task needs a soundtrack, I made you a mixtape. OK, so technically, it’s not a tape, but it is 10 iconic (in my humble opinion) Christmas songs that are going to get you through the next couple days. And of course I had to do it video style, but that was mostly for the satisfaction that comes with George Michael‘s 1980′s ‘do.
1. “Christmas Wrapping” by The Waitresses:
2. “Christmas in Hollis” by RUN-DMC:
3. “Fairytale of New York” by The Pogues & Kirsty McColl (also note the very young Matt Dillon in the beginning):
4. “Last Christmas” by Wham!:
5. “Christmas Time is Here” by Woods:
6. “River” by Joni Mitchell:
7. “12 Days of Christmas” by John Denver and The Muppets:
8. “Do They Know It’s Christmas?” by Band Aid II (Because how couldn’t I?):
9. “Baby, It’s Cold Outside” by She & Him:
10. “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas” by Bright Eyes:
*Bonus track, because I couldn’t help myself…
“All I Want For Christmas is You” by Mariah Carey: