• Wed, Jan 16 2013

Rupert Murdoch Tweets Rude, Racist Remark About Overweight Woman Who Fell Through Sidewalk

rupert-murdoch-twitter

I chose this photo because Wendi’s facial expression = identical to my own right now.

You know how just about all of us have one or two family members that say stupid, kind of ignorant things, but everybody lets it go because, frankly, why bother? Well, Rupert Murdoch is Great Uncle Asshole to the world. And fortunately for us, we all get to see what lovely little thoughts have been turning the hamster wheel in his brain via the Rupert Murdoch Twitter Train. Woo woo!

Last week, a 32-year-old female social worker fell through the sidewalk on the Upper East Side of Manhattan. Ulanda Williams, of Queens, is 6’5″ and 400 pounds, and told the NY Post that had she been a thinner woman, she might not have survived the fall. “Thank God, they said that my size was the only thing that saved me,” she said after being discharged from the hospital. Now, this likely could’ve been the end of a “thank goodness nothing worse happened!” story and we could’ve all gone about our merry days, but naturally, somebody had to ruin it. That somebody was Rupert Murdoch; good job, dude.

Murdoch, being the obliviously abhorrent person that he is, decided to tweet something rather stupid in response to the incident:

Rupert-Murdoch-Twitter

Well, we’ve already established that she’d be dead if she wasn’t 6’5″ and 400 lbs., but if we must focus on questions irrelevant to the situation at hand: Why is it that Murdoch thinks that being an overweight black woman automatically means Williams is on welfare and uses food stamps? Later, Murdoch offered his, uhm, explanation:

Rupert-Murdoch-Twitter

Yeah, see that pseudo-apology would’ve worked a little better had he not already publicly established his unquestioning assumption that this woman must be poor. Naturally, many of his followers were none-to-pleased and responded according. Murdoch’s comments, however brief, somewhat exemplified how many people see those who are overweight: poor, irresponsible and a negative impact on the lives of others.

I have a feeling that this won’t be the last time Murdoch’s idiocy rears its wrinkly little head via the Interweb. A rich old guy Tweeting stupid things about people going through rough times? Sounds peculiarly familiar. Could this mean we have a new Twitter Trump on our hands?

[via Gawker]

Photo: WENN.com

From Our Partners

Share This Post:
  • http://www.facebook.com/el.gato.58152559 El Gato

    This fat ass woman says her fat saved her? It’s her fat ass that caused the sidewalk to cave in! Fatsos just can’t admit they eat too much and they are slobs! Rupert is a prick for sure. He bought himself a young babe and that’s what all the uber rich do.

    • gmborting

      great post and oh so true.

    • gkhkhkhkh

      Perhaps 10% of fat people will admit they are at fault for their own condition. The other 90% spend their whole lives eating and blaming everyone but themselves.

  • gmborting

    If he perpetuated a stereo type it should be understandable, all the news videos during the election, utube video of single fat balck women etc, all share the same common thread. Welfare, no husband, foul mouths and a handfull of kids being taught the same wasted life style. Live off of someone else.
    To be sure there are tons (pun intended) of fat white, brown and asian women as well as men. Still gross as hell, a health hazard to themselves and unfortunatly we the people that actually have jobs are paying their medical and other bills. That includes the famous Obummer phone. Ain’t utopia great.
    Oink oink

  • jgmitzen

    Apparently almost 100% of the readers here are as ignorant as Murdoch.