Emily DiDonato has been a successful model for quite some time but she recently started making inroads toward full on name recognition with the one-two punch of 1) Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition work and 2) apparently striking up a romantic relationship with Jake Gyllenhaal.
Since she may be on the verge of supermodel status, let’s take this opportunity to examine DiDonato’s rather impressive career.
1) Emily DiDonato was born February 24, 1991.
2) She is from a small town in Orange County, New York–per Wikipedia–which Google Maps tells us is this:
8) But then in 2009, in a cool surprise turn of events, she started doing some serious runway work, too. Here she is backstage at rag & bone (via Modelinia):
9) And then daaaaaamn! Givenchy exclusive that same season (also via Modelinia):
11) DiDonato was fast becoming that rare model who walks the line between commercial and fashion work, like Gisele, Doutzen Kroes and Candice Swanepoel–but she already had a damn Maybelline contract, so where next?
How about some Calvin Klein work and fronting an Armani fragrance campaign:
13) More recently, she’s racked up additional campaign work and more editorials, like this outrageously pretty Vogue Mexico spread:
14) So it’s not hard to see why these guys took interest (she was photographed in Namibia for the most recent issue):
(Main photo via Wenn)