Yesterday, word broke that serial modelizer Adam Levine had reunited with his on-again, off-again girlfriend, Victoria’s Secret angel Behati Prinsloo. Not only that, they reunited with an engagement.
Though Prinsloo is well known in fashion circles, she may be a new face to those of you who don’t keep a mental backlog of every Prada exclusive of the last 20 years.
So, without further ado, here’s a useful primer on her career.
1. Prinsloo was born in Grootfontein, Namibia.
2. Her father is a minister. Her mother runs a local B&B.
3. She was discovered at 16 in Cape Town, South Africa while on vacation.
4. She was discovered by Sarah Doukas, who also discovered Kate Moss.
5. She debuted during the Spring 2006 shows, snagging the highly coveted spot of Prada (and Miu Miu!) exclusive.
6. Her first major ad campaign was for Kurt Geiger, later that year.
7. The following season, she landed some impressive catwalk gigs, like Chanel and Alexander McQueen.
8. In 2006, she became the face of Nina Ricci.
9. In 2007, House of Holland honored (?) her with one of their famous rhyming model shirts, which read “Fancy a Screw, Behati Prinsloo?”
10. In 2008, after a string of more commercial gigs (like the Nine West campaign), Prinsloo inked a deal with Victoria’s Secret.
11. Later that year, she also appeared in a music video by The Virgins.
12. In 2009, Victoria’s Secret promoted her to Angel.
13. She has worn some very ridiculous outfits for the brand:
14. In 2010, she nabbed the cover of French Elle.
15. In 2011, she nabbed a VERY IMPORTANT cover of i-D.
16. In 2012, she and fellow Victoria’s Secret models Jacquelyn Jablonski and Jasmine Tookes appeared in an episode of CBS’ Hawaii Five-0.
17. She’s very interested in photography (and is a huge fan of Helmut Newton).
18. She’s close pals with Coco Rocha.
19. …She’s engaged to Adam Levine!
19. She’s 24.
20. She has a hairless Sphinx cat named Gollum (!).
(Photos via Getty, Instagram)