Our girl Miley Cyrus is back to her old tricks getting naked in awkward environments because she can’t be tamed. In her new Terry Richardson-directed video for “Wrecking Ball,” Miley gallivants around an oddly appointed, all white room with it’s own large cinder block cube for Miley to destroy. CUZ YOU’RE A WRECKING BALL. Or something.
Here is a list of things that Miley does in the video for “Wrecking Ball.”
2. Hold a sledge hammer.
3. Caress the sledge hammer.
4. Lick the sledge hammer. Has that shit been properly sanitized? This seems like a sexy recipe for tetanus.
5. Get intimate with a wrecking ball (guys, that’s name of the song!)
6. Get naked, sits on wrecking ball while nude.
7. Walk away from the wreckage in slow motion.
8. Lie in the wreckage of the structure she just destroyed (is this symbolic of a relationship? I don’t know. Do I look like I understand poetry?).
As Miley writhes around (healthily exploring her sexuality and body, which I will always defend even when it’s fucking Miley Cyrus), you can almost hear Terry Richardson’s heavy breathing over the processed sounds vaguely reminiscent of a human person singing.
Whatever, Miley. I can’t even deal with you today. She looks beautiful (am I the only person in history who loves her hair like that?) and the video is relatively arty, if you’re into that type of thing. I’m not.