Do you have a school dance coming up? Either it’ll be one of the most amazing nights of your life, or EVERYTHING will go wrong. Think there’s nothing that could possibly go wrong? Oh please. Here’s 10 things that could wreak havoc on your next school dance.
- Wardrobe malfunction – You spill punch on your white dress, or even worse, get your period. You could get your hem stuck in the car door and end up with a ripped dress. Dresses are walking disasters waiting to happen. And then you have to dodge pictures for the rest of the night because god knows you don’t want those photos ending up on Facebook.
- Your parents are chaperones – “Hey..dad…..”
- The music sucks – What if you get stuck trying to dance to adult alternative all night? “Um, excuse me Mr. DJ. Can you please take my iPhone and play my Spotify playlist because we’re dying out here.”
- Your date leaves you for someone else – This awful move ends with you crying in the bathroom while your date dances with your number one frenemy and you see the photo on Instagram.
- You show up wearing the same exact dress as three other girls – Oh, you thought you were super cool because you bought your dress at some hip boutique? So did three other girls. (There would be SO many subtweets about this fiasco.)
- You get in a fight – Maybe someone was dancing too close to you, or maybe a girl tried to steal your date. Either way, a fight is sure to ruin the night.
- The sexes don’t mix - You’ve been there. The boys cluster on one side of the room while the girls cluster on the other. Nobody dances, just stares and giggles.
- Your dance moves are too racy – Did you really just try to twerk at a school dance?
- You get stuck in a dance circle – There you are, minding your own business when suddenly you’re thrust into the center of a dance circle. All eyes on you.
- Chaperone tries to dance/be cool – Oh wow, your science teacher is trying to break dance.
We all have our own horror story or two when it comes to school dances, hopefully your story isn’t as traumatic as Carrie’s! Still, to make up for any sour school dance experiences, we’re giving away a spa day so you and a friend can wash away any bad memories that night might have caused. In addition to that, you’ll score a $200 gift card to indulge in some retail therapy!
And if you miss out on the big prize, don’t fret. There are also two $50 gift cards up for grabs for our runners up. What are you waiting for? Enter now!
Better just stay home, or go see Carrie in theaters now.
This post is sponsored by Carrie.