[image via Zara]
There’s something alluring about an everyday dress that’s evocative of your top underwear drawer. Designs inspired by lingerie have being showing up in Dolce & Gabbana, Stella McCartney, and Louis Vuitton, and now they’re trickling into the brands we humble peasants can afford. Here are eight affordable dresses for when you want to turn your wardrobe inside out!
1. Strappy Combination Lace Dress from Zara – $49.90. This dress is light and airy and graceful and every bit as sexy as your favorite nightgown. So pretty.
2. Lingerie Style Dress from Zara – $49.90. The sheer lace detail on the hem adds sex appeal in a less-than-subtle way. Perfect for those occasions when you feel hot as hell. Bring on the stares!
3. Dolce Vita Jeralyn Dress from Dailylook – $264.99. Delicate and intimidating at the same time, this dress totally has the lingerie vibe.
4. RAGA Lacy Babydoll Dress from Dailylook – $119.99. This dress is a little more innocent than the others, but it puts a patch of thigh on display to let everyone know you’re a secret sex goddess.
5. Selda Dress from Brandy Melville – $34. Thin, flowy, and skimpy, this dress definitely has a pajama feel to it.
6. Secret Rebel Maxi Dress from Forever 21 – $24.80. The open back is pretty tantalizing, and the long black fabric is pretty reminiscent of a 1970s Cher. Foxy.
7. Romantic Floral Lace Dress from Forever 21 – $29.80. The curved empire waist is super similar to the slips and nightgowns of the 1960s, while the straight-up-and-down look reminds me of the ultra-hot flapper dresses of the 1920s. Apparently this dress is timelessly sexy.
8. Chiffon Dress from H&M – $69.95. The short slip teases and the long chiffon boudoir-ifies. The leaf-like detail on the bodice makes it look like a corset. Hot.
These dresses understand that you’re basically Venus. Flash a little thigh and work it, lady.