Whether you’re going to be awkwardly eating mashed potatoes with your partner’s vegan parents or trying to diffuse tension between your evangelical aunt and your drunk cousin, Thanksgiving is the ultimate opportunity to show off your style. If you’re not sure what to wear to the family party (or if you can’t decide which shade of eyeshadow says “please leave me alone with this pie”), YouTube’s beauty community has you covered. Here are five of the best tutorials for Thanksgiving beauty!
1. “Thanksgiving Make-up Tutorial: Pumpkin Spice” by missglamorazzi. Sunshine Personified, also known as Ingrid Nilsen, will show you how to recreate her subtle, pretty look. “I was inspired by the changing color of the leaves outside,” she says, “And also, this is really random, but the Pumpkin Spice Latte at Starbucks.” Adorable.
2. “Get Ready With Me! Thanksgiving Edition” by ThatsHeart. There’s something inexplicably relaxing about watching a pretty girl put whitening strips on her teeth? I don’t know. Heart (and her soothing voice) will show you how to manipulate concealer to make your face look like a slightly different face. Like a Kardashian. It’s brilliant.
3. “The Perfect Thanksgiving Hair and Makeup!” by CutieBututieBeauty. Have you been looking everywhere for a video of a literal child who’s better at makeup than you are? Taylor Swift plays in the background while someone with orthodontia creates a pretty, glittery hair and makeup look that you can probably pull off even if you pay taxes.
4. “Thanksgiving Outfit Ideas!” by Bethany Mota. Since we’re already on a roll with the high school girls who make us feel bad about ourselves, the always-adorable Bethany has some ideas for cute outfits you can recreate from your own closet. She recommends pants that are “super stretchy, because you do NOT want to be uncomfortable on Thanksgiving,” and that’s a philosophy I can get behind.
5. “THANKSGIVING MAKEUP TUTORIAL” by dailygrace. If you don’t watch Grace already, there’s literally a part of your brain’s pleasure center that’s never been used. She’s the queen of the somewhat-serious-but-also-kind-of-a-parody makeup tutorial, and this is one you can’t miss.
So grab your glittery palettes and your cute-but-stretchy pants and allow these attractive strangers to guide you through life. If your grandpa comments on the shimmery gradient you painted onto your eyelids, make sure you tell you him that a high schooler showed you how it’s done.