No socks, no lingerie and no boring gift certificates to Best Buy: I’ve rounded up a list of unique gifts for you to give to that one special person in your life: Your romantic partner. Some are romantic, some are sexy, and some are about eating (Hey, everyone likes eating). Whether it’s your husband, wife, boyfriend, girlfriend, partner or maybe even a superclose BFF, you’re bound to find something here to make the holiday slightly more special. And if you’re single? This stuff is pretty awesome for yourself, too.
1. Hand-Stamped Guitar Pick from 3 Little Pixies Shoppe on Etsy, $24.00. If your love is a musician, this makes such a thoughtful, romantic gift. You can get it inscribed with anything your heart desires, like a significant date, as above, or maybe a song lyric.
2. Spicy Subscriptions Box, Spicy Subscriptions, $29.95 per month. Yay, a sex box! Spicy Subscriptions will send you or your honey a box of sexy fun every month, containing a few toys, a few trial size items and a few full-size items. It’s the gift that keeps on giving (to yourself, too).
3. Organic Harmony Sheet Set, West Elm, $29-119. There are few things in life as pleasant as a pair of nice new sheets. I like these pretty, modern and organic ones from West Elm, but I think any pair with a good thread count would be a solid gift.
4. Cheese Of The Month Club, Artisanal Cheese, $55.00 monthly. Everyone loves cheese. Ok, well unless they’re vegan or lactose intolerant but aside from that, the universal appeal of cheese is well-documented. How fun would it be to get a new, fancy cheese in the mail every single month?!
5. Craft Beer Club Subscription, Craft Beer Club, $37.75. For under $40, you can give your beer-obsessed partner twelve craft beers per month, shipped straight to their door.
6. Dance 3 Print, Artfully Walls, $92.00. Ok, I just arbitrarily picked a piece of artwork I like, but you should hop on over to Artfully Walls and pick out a piece of art your significant other would love. They have a zillion styles at a zillion price points so you’re bound to find something he or she would want to hang on the wall.
7. One Heart Map Art, Jess Vartanian on Etsy, $20.00. Another cute personalized gift would be a piece of custom map art. Made from 1940s vintage maps, these are handmade and so freaking adorable, right? You can get the place you met, the place you married, where you honeymooned, an important vacation destination…the possibilities are endless, really. (Side note: This is my standard wedding gift and it has always proved very popular).
8. Bed And Breakfast Gift Card, BedAndBreakfast.com, prices vary. A gift certificate to a B&B means that you don’t have to nail down a spot anytime soon, but both you and your partner are guaranteed a lovely trip in the future.
9. Soft Serve Ice Cream Maker, Hamilton Beach, $34.99. There’s not much to say about this except that it will allow you and your loved one to have soft serve ice cream at your home, anytime you want. Buy it. Yesterday.
10. Latitude and Longitude Key Ring, Inspired Creations By H on Etsy, $19.00. By now you can probably tell I’m a fan of the personalized, handmade item and this latitude and longitude key ring is no different. Order one with the coordinates of where you met, where you got married, where you conceived a baby, where you had your first date…it’s a constant reminder of your coupledom, without being overly cutesy.
Photos from respective retailers unless otherwise stated