Anyone can look gorgeous with a team of stylists and makeup artists behind them, but it takes work to look cute and clever when you’re just running to Starbucks or heading to work. Here are nine celebrities with unique style who really worked it in 2013.
1. Amber Heard. I’ve made it no secret in the past that I adore this lady (she’s a feminist and she doesn’t hide the fact that she dates both men and women!) but I’m pretty sure I’d love her style on its own. She consistently looks comfortable and fashionable at the same time.
2. Ashley Madekwe. I’ve never seen this Revenge star wearing anything I wouldn’t want to borrow. She looks put-together and classy on a regular basis, and nobody wears pointy toes as well as she does.
3. Gabourey Sidibe. It’s hard to believe that someone so bubbly and smiley has made her career from dramas like Precious and twisted thrillers like American Horror Story, but Gaby always seems to hang out in the space between cute and edgy. I love the way she pairs laid-back comfy pieces with black nails and boots.
4. Willow Smith. Leave it to Will and Jada‘s daughter to know exactly what she’s doing– when she’s only 13. Willow always puts together creative, out-of-the-box outfits that make me jealous of a middle schooler.
5. Kristen Stewart. She gets such a bad rap for looking uncomfortable and disheveled at events, but I unabashedly adore KStew and her rarely-washed hair. People expect her to be the prom queen, but she’s really the brooding art chick who wears a lot of black and smokes menthols. I love her badass style. I don’t even care.
6. Ashley Benson. Not only is she outspoken about how much she hates being photoshopped, but Ashley doesn’t even need the celebrity treatment to look amazing. I love the way she stays within a small color palette and mostly gets photographed in black, gray, and white.
7. Jenna Ushkowitz. She’s the most underrated member of the Glee cast (by far!) but she dresses too adorably for me to ignore her. Can you think of anyone else who looks charming in a white romper? Me neither.
8. Emma Stone. Another member of the I Make Sweatshirts Look Chic club, Emma knows how to turn her everyday comfy pieces into really pretty outfits. She never looks like she’s trying too hard– and she rarely looks like she’s trying at all. Total hottie.
9. Blue Ivy Carter. Yeah, maybe being dressed by Beyonce and Jay Z– and having Kanye around all the time– gives you an unfair advantage in the style department. Still, I’ve never seen a more badass toddler.
So what do you think? Who else hadÂ inimitableÂ style this year?