Call me crazy, but I actually like to dress warmly in winter. I know New Year’s Eve is a night for glitz and glitter, but is there a reason we have to shiver in teeny-tiny strapless dresses while we’re having all that champagne-filled fun? As a person who’s constantly layering cardigans and fleeces over her party dresses under her winter coats, I say no, we do not! Enter these twelve pretty party dresses that feature actual sleeves alongside the requisite sparkles and sexiness.
1. Lucca Couture Knit Brocade Bodycon Dress, Urban Outfitters, $79.00. Sexy, shiny, perfect for New Year’s Eve.
2. Gold Rush Jacquard Dress, Anthropologie, $268.00. This one has a slightly vintage feel, no? You could easily wear it a winter wedding, too.
3. December Snow Dress in Mint, Spool72, $68.00. Minty chiffon plus sparkles? So pretty.
4. Dazzle And Enchant Dress, ModCloth, $147.99. I am in LOVE with this dress. Something about it reminds me of Italy in the 1960s, all Sophia Loren and black lace veils to go to church and red lipstick.
5. Aidan Mattox Ruched Sequin Knit Dress, Nordstrom, $198.00. Sparkly AND warm.
6. Gold Standard Metallic Cream Embroidered Dress, Lulu’s, $59.00. So freaking festive!
7. Young Love Dress in Red, Mata Traders, $89.99. Classic! Just add red lips and black heels.
8. ASOS Wrap Dress With Long Sleeves, ASOS, $28.13. Bold and bright for the ball drop.
9. Velvet Long Sleeve Mini Dress, American Apparel, $48.00. This dress comes in eight different colors and can easily be dressed up or down.
10. Metallic Bead Dress, Mango, $189.99. This dress is an LBD on Oscar night. Easy to wear, but with enough interest and detail to make you stand out.
11. Nasty Gal Heart’s Desire Dress, Nasty Gal, $38.00. Sexy, yet covered, with a low scoop back.
12. BB Dakota Corella Animal Burnout Dress, Karmaloop, $82.00. Another cute LBD with a twist.
All photos courtesy of respective retailers