They’re already famous, respected, and unbelievably gorgeous, but these women also have tiara collections. Here are seven awesome ladies who have (surprisingly!) won pageants.
1. Halle Berry, Miss Ohio USA 1986. I’m sure it doesn’t shock you to hear that Berry was beautiful, graceful, and charming at a young age, but it may surprise you to hear that she was only the runner-up for Miss USA. Didn’t you people realize she was Catwoman?
2. Oprah Winfrey, Miss Black Tennessee 1971. Who would have ever guessed that Oprah would grow up to be anÂ invaluableÂ role model and one of the most successful women in the world? Everybody. Everybody would have guessed.
3. Diane Sawyer, America’s Junior Miss 1963. Nowadays she’s known for being one of Forbes Magazine‘s 100 Most Powerful Women, but she used to be known for being Â extraordinarily pretty and poised. What a fascinating creature.
4. Nicole Kelly,Â Miss Iowa 2013. She may not be famous (yet, at least) but Kelly made history by becoming the first Miss America contestant with one arm. She broke barriers for disabled women in the pageant world, and she looked gorgeous doing it.
5. Demi Lovato, Texas State Miniature Miss 2000. Nowadays she’s known as Everybody’s Imaginary Best Friend, but Demi had a secret former career as a “miniature miss.” That’s too freaking cute.
6. Eva Longoria, Miss Corpus Christi 1998. She’s a desperate housewife, she’s a soap opera star, she’s a Maxim girl, she’s a beauty queen. Sounds about right.
7. Alana Thompson, TBA. Okay, so Honey Boo Boo isn’t technically a beauty queen, since she hasn’t technically won any pageants. She is, however, the winner of Cutest Little Hot Mess In The Universe, according to just about everybody. She’s basically deserves as many trophies as Oprah. …Basically.
If we were to throw a pageant for beautiful women who’ve made some kind of positive impact on the world, these ladies would make the semi-finals.