To celebrate the premier of Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit (and to celebrate the way Chris Pine looks in a pair of well-tailored pants), here are 7 other smokin’ hot action heroes who know how to kick ass and make us swoon.
7. The Terminator. Not only does this franchise get serious props for having a badass female character, but Arnold Schwarzenegger and his unbuttoned jacket belong in the Action Hero Hall of Fame.
6. Katniss Everdeen. There’s something supremely sexy about a kickass lady who knows her way around a bow and arrow and will do anything to protect her little sister. She was hot long before she was Jennifer Lawrence.
5. Del Spooner. I’m singling out I, Robot because it’s the most ridiculous, even though Will Smith pretty much always plays the role of Will Smith in action movies that might as well be called Will Smith Presents Will Smith. It’s okay, though. He’s likable and hot and he’s an expert at holding futuristic guns while wearing sunglasses. Total hero.
4. Beatrix Kiddo. Not only can she explode your heart, but she can do it with flawless beachy waves. Uma Thurman knows how to make a yellow jumpsuit– and kung fu– look hot.
3. Jason Bourne. I’ll be straight with you– I’ve only seen about 60% of the first Bourne Identity movie because I watched it on a bus and I kept falling asleep whenever Julia Stiles started talking. All I can say with confidence is that Matt Damon and Jeremy Renner are both hot enough to belong near the top of this list.
2. Bryan Mills. Anyone who’s ever laid eyes on Liam Neeson can tell you that he’s a gorgeous hunk of man meat, but he’s at his all-time hottest when he’s carelessly murdering sex trade pimps in the pursuit of his teenage daughter and her appliqué jean jacket. Taken has its faults, and I’m still not sure how they got away with making a sequel, but that doesn’t even matter. What matters is seeing Liam Neeson roundkick a bad guy in the mouth.
1. Hermione Granger. Let’s be real. Without her skills, smarts, and badassitude, the whole series would be over before Harry Potter and Ron Weasley turned 12. She’s the real hero of the books, she’s the real hero of the movies, she’s pretty much the greatest character ever written. Don’t test me.