As much as we love talking about our red carpet favorites like feminine Blake Lively, the perpetually classy Emma Watson, and Dior darling Jennifer Lawrence, there are tons of fabulously dressed women who never get their due. Heather just took you through a list of celebrities whose style goes underappreciated, but I’d like to focus on one actress in particular. She’s impressed us with her acting chops, she’s blown us away with her willingness to be a positive role model, and she’s shown us how to dress like a girly badass. Today, we’re putting the style spotlight on Ashley Benson.
1. I love the way Ashley has a few signature pieces that she knows how to dress down and dress up. We see her in a lot of leather jackets, and she makes them look great– whether she’s getting lunch with a friend or attending a more casual event. She’s also the queen of adding a pop of color to a black outfit.
2. Ashley’s always ahead of the trends, and I admire her for trying things before they’re safe. She wore this romper in 2011, for example, which should be all the proof you need.
3. I’ll never forget this dress that she wore to the Toronto International Film Festival in 2012. It seems to sum up her personality: black, sexy, and edgy on top; in-your-face femme on the bottom. She looks like a mermaid riot grrrl.
4. This short dress that she wore to the LA premiere of Spring Breakers? So cool. I love that she didn’t choose something form-fitting– the movie gave us plenty of chances to look at her curves, and this dress is the perfect reminder that she can be college-girl hot and sophisticated.
5. It’s rare that we’ll see Ashley in color, but when she goes for it, she really goes for it. She definitely knows how to save up and surprise us with a bright hue.
6. I’ll never get sick of seeing actresses in tailored menswear, and the premiere of the Season 4 finale of Pretty Little Liars is such a perfect place to wear something a little daring. I don’t know who let her wear blue shoes, but I’m glad she got away with it. They’re awesome.
7. Not everyone could pull off this babydoll dress that she wore to the 2012 People’s Choice Awards, but by pairing it with high, rounded heels and black eyeliner, she made it look age-appropriate and adorable.
8. And even though she knows how to rock a ballsy outfit with the best of them, Ashley can also look stunning in a black gown. She wore this to the Spring Breakers premiere in Spain, and between the lacy cutouts, the black toenails, and the blingy earrings, it’s the perfect style for her. She looks like herself.
9. I love seeing what people put together for the Teen Choice Awards, since it’s perfect opportunity to wear something out of the box. Ashley never disappoints, as evidenced by this striking and crazy dress that looks like it was made from sofa upholstery. In the best way.
10. It’s not easy to wear metallics. A lot of people end up looking like they’re trying too hard. Not Ashley. I love this slightly busy dress, and that’s probably because she’s the one making it work.
Even though I adore the show, I can’t wait to see Ashley break further out of the Pretty Little Liars mold. And if the buzz surrounding Spring Breakers was any indication, she’ll be on a lot more red carpets in the future. We can’t wait to see what she wears next!
Photos via Getty Images