Once you’re pregnant you’re not just worrying for one anymore, what you put on your body matters as much as what you put in your body and beauty products that are safe to use are not something to take lightly. Or on the advice of your yoga instructor (no offense to your yoga instructor). Just because a product claims to be “all natural” or because the word organic appears in its name does not mean that it’s safe for you and your baby. But not to fret, we’re here to save you from some Google and Web MD rabbit-holing by rounding up a solid list of products that are safe to use when pregnant, and probably a good idea to use even when you’re not.
1. Juice Beauty SPF 30 Tinted Moisturizer, $29Touted as a multitasking moisturizer (meaning it hydrates, protects, enhances that pregnancy glow with mineral pigments and is a BB cream), so it’s not only safe but also convenient for those days you may be feeling run down.
2. V.Sachar MD Cosmetics, $18-$29Considering the website for this entire line is plastered with pregnant women, I think it’s OK to say that these products are indeed 100 percent safe to use during pregnancy, even if you ignore the fact that this mineral-based line of powders, blushes, eye shadows, mascaras and lipsticks has been formulated by a double board certified OBGYN who specializes in high-risk pregnancies.
3. Zoya Nail Polish, $9
The first company to realize that putting formaldehyde on your nails was probably a bad idea, Zoya offers hundreds of non-toxic polishes to safely suit your ever changing mood.
4. Clarins Tonic Body Treatment Oil, $57It’s a hefty price tag…but it allegedly keeps stretch marks at bay with daily use which is far less expensive than what you might spend on creams and treatments to get rid of stretch marks after the fact. By many accounts, it’s the anti-stretch mark miracle oil. If only I had known about this during my growth spurt 20 years ago!
5. Nine Naturals Citrus + Mint Nourishing Pregnancy Shampoo, $20Formulated specifically for pregnant women (it says so right on the bottle), Nine Naturals smells so fresh and so clean, too.
6. Rahua Voluminous Spray, $28Great to use even if you’re not pregnant, Rahua has made the very first 100 percent alcohol-free, certified USDA organic hairspray that is also not sticky, because girl, just because you’re preggers doesn’t mean you want to let your hair get limp.
7. Organic Morning Wellness Tea, $5.97
Feeling good on the inside shows on the outside. When you’re feeling like barfing it’s safe to say that you’re not going to be feeling like you look so hot, no matter what product you’re putting on the outside, or what you really look likeâ€”which is beautiful, like all pregnant women are!Â Settle that upset tummy with this caffeine-free ginger and mint tea.
8. Belli Skin Care Pure and Pampered Body Wash, $15
Belli is a line that has been formulated especially for pregnant and nursing women by doctors who know exactly what to exclude from products, like artificial dyes, phthalates and paraben preservatives. Plus, it smells fabu, with all it’s lavender oil and cucumber (assuming those scents don’t make you feel sick by association, like so many smells do when you’re pregnant).
Top Photo: Nejron Photo/Shutterstock