Red hair is the best hair, isn’t it? Nicole Kidman and Lindsay Lohan seem to prefer being blondes, but as far as I’m concerned, red hair is fantastic. It’s the most rare hair color and is rumored to be gradually going extinct, but that’s OK because hair coloring technology is improving every day. If redheads do disappear, nobody will notice because of all the perfect dye jobs running around.
Still, having red hair–natural or otherwise–creates a few unique experiences. If you’re a redhead, you’ll probably know what I’m talking about.
1. When people ask you if that’s your natural hair color.
2. When people tell you you can’t wear red.
Actually that’s not annoying at all, that’s awesome.
6. That envy when you see a redhead who can get a tan.
11. I mean, seriously.
12. Do they think we do not know what they are asking us about?
What do they expect us to say, “Oh, you’re so creative and not at all a weirdo asking questions about my vagina”?
13. What you think your face looks like with no makeup on.
18. Really wanting to try a cool new hair color like pink or blue or purple, but being unable to shake the feeling that red is too valuable to throw away.
I’m not fiery. I don’t have a temper. I just want to drink wine, order delivery sushi, and watch Adventure Time for 26 hours.
20. What is the deal with redhead fetishists, anyway?
21. Knowing someday you will go gray and won’t be able to dye it back to anything approaching your current hair color.