We’ve seen the craziest beauty trends from New York Fashion Week, and now it’s time for the beauty looks you can actually wear. There were lots of wild looks at NYFW including rainbow brows and words spelled out of hair, but there were plenty of hair and makeup ideas that work off the runway. London and Milan also offered plenty of wearable looks. The best part is, you don’t have to wait until spring to try them out. Grab an eyeliner and some red lipstick and try one of these looks now.
Here are 10 beauty loks from New York Fashion Week that you need to try out:
1. Loose Low Bun, Carmen Marc ValvoEveryone has been wearing high topknots or ballerina buns for a long time. This relaxed low bun is a fresh alternative. It is pulled-together but still looks young–with or without the subtle silver streak. However, I recommend you try the red lipstick.
2. Subtle Purple Eyes, Derek Lam Normally colored eyeshadow is best left on the runway, or for the few people who are brave enough to buy something other than brown. This purple shade is soft and muted which makes it an easy switch for your favorite neutral.
3. Soft Smokey Eye, Diane von Furstenberg If you want to try a daytime smokey eye, this is the perfect one. It doesn’t look like you have two black eyes. When paired with neutral lips and tousled hair, it’s a modern Brigitte Bardot look. Now if only we could recreate those chiseled cheekbones…
4. White Graphic Line Nail Art, Erin Fetherston
You can easily replicate this nail art at home. If you stick with the thin gold line, it will look like you’re wearing rings around your nails. Don’t be scared to switch up the colors. Think of all the possibilities.
5. Micro Braids, Vera Wang
Look closely and you’ll see a few tiny braids peeking out. To avoid looking like Steven Tyler, don’t accessorize with feathers. It’s fine to pair your braids with the purple smokey eye, black is Steven’s fave eyeshadow.
6. Red Lips, Zac Posen
Wet hair continues to show up on the runways, but it’s best to skip this trend unless you want people to ask if your blow dryer broke. The velvety red lipstick is something you can easily wear. If you’re worried about looking like a clown, follow this example and pair it with glowing skin and a touch of mascara.
If you haven’t perfected your cat eye, this is great alternative. First, draw a thick line. Instead of a massive flick, just draw a tiny point at the outer corners of your eyes. Easy. The hairstyle is also great for anyone who is trying to grow out their bangs and loves a schoolgirl-inspired ‘do.
If you have ever attempted a fishtail braid and failed, it might have looked something like this. Embrace imperfection and mess up any braid (regular or fishtail) for a beachy look.
9. Deep Part Low Ponytail, Diesel Black GoldIf you’re not a fan of messy hair, this hairstyle is for you. The deep side part on this low pony is very flattering and chic. If you’re going to attempt this, make sure you have lots of shine spray and a good flat iron.
10. Marble Manicure, Opening Ceremony
How cool is this? This marble manicure looks like smoke. To do the look yourself, apply a few different colors to your nail. While they are wet, blend them together. It’s so easy but looks awesome.
To see all our NYFW coverage, click here!
(Photos: Getty Images)