Prevention magazine put the leading anti-aging beauty products to the test again this year and found seven products deserving of the “Defy Your Age” seal. To determine the winners, Prevention enlisted seven leading dermatologists to test the claims of the 35 most promising products of the year on a group of 175 women, ages 40-plus, for a period of up to eight weeks. The doctors then employed state-of-the-art equipment to measure which products best delivered on their claims using before and after skin analysis. The teams investigated seven categories of products including hand, eye and night creams; lip, adult acne and microdermabrasion treatments; and day lotions with SPF. This year’s winners are all available for less than $50.
- Best Day Lotion with SPF: Olay ProX Age Repair Lotion SPF 30 This lotion contains two powerful peptides that work to smooth fine lines and firm skin by speeding the production of new collagen. ($42; drugstores)
- Best Night Cream: Roc Multi-Correxion Night Treatment Includes multitasking ingredients like retinol and vitamin C, which smooth and firm skin and lighten discoloration. ($25; drugstores)
- Best Lip Treatment: Lancôme L’Absolu Rouge La Base Revitalizing Lip Treatment SPF 10 Contains Pro-Xylane, a sugar molecule that boosts production of collagen and skin’s built-in moisturizers to plump lips and diminish fine lines. ($29; lancome-usa.com)
- Best Microdermabrasion Treatment: Estée Lauder Idealist Dual-Action Refinishing Treatment This skin polisher instantly boosts brightness, decreases pore size and smoothes skin thanks to salicylic acid, glucosamine and a blend of spherical beads. ($49.50; esteelauder.com)
- Adult Acne Treatment: Avon Clearskin Professional Acne Treatment System Unlike teenagers’ treatments, this trio of products—a scrub, a toner, and an oil-free lotion—contains humectants that soften and smooth. ($34; avon.com)
- Hand Cream: Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Age Shield Hand Cream SPF 30 This cream smoothes fine lines and keeps hands soft with heavy-duty humectants and emollients; potent UV protection helps stave off future damage. ($6; drugstores)
- Eye Cream: Skin Effects by Dr. Jeffrey Dover Cell 2 Cell Anti-Aging Eye Treatment Made with hyaluronic acid, peptides and dermaxyl (a nonirritating synthetic retinoid), this cream decreases wrinkles, brown spots, and under eye darkness. ($15; CVS pharmacy)
Readers can also log on to www.prevention.com/winbeauty for a chance to receive all seven products—a $200 value!!
Image: Prevention Beauty