Right now, thousands of people are taking to the streets to Occupy cities and protest the ever-widening gap between the wealthiest 1% of Americans and the remaining 99%. (They may be protesting some other stuff, too.)

But amidst all this confusion, a brave few are putting their hearts on their sleeves and standing up for what truly matters in this world: the fact that Ryan Gosling was ROBBED of his rightful spot as People’s Sexiest Man of the Year, a title given instead (and undeservedly) to Bradley Cooper. Here are some of the best photos from a protest that took place yesterday outside the offices of People magazine: