It’s all about the “wave” for summer.
Luckily, creating great waves can be easy. Forget the kinky, crunchy curls of the 1980’s, this season’s look is all about creating soft, glamorous texture from the modernized “S” curl to a “just been to the beach” wave.
My friends at Studio RK, a full-service salon located in Fort Myers, Florida helped us with some tips for creating the modernized “S” curl. It’s a must-try!
If your hair is naturally curly:
· Shampoo and Condition with a curl enhancing hair care system such as Redken Fresh Curls Shampoo and Conditioner
· Apply a curl perfector such as Redken Ringlet 07 to damp hair and blow-dry with a diffuser to shape and enhance curl
· If your hair is curly, gently pull ends to help loosen curl
· Apply a curl shine serum like Redken Fresh Curls Anti-Frizz shine to block humidity and smooth waves
If your hair is naturally straight:
· Shampoo and Condition with a volumizing hair care system such as Pureology’s Pure Volume System
· Apply Redken Touch Control 05 to damp hair for volume with touchable texture, shine and movement and blow-dry hair with a diffuser
· You’ll need a curling iron with a 2” barrel. Curl one inch sections at a time without tightly clamping down so the curl is not tight, but wavy.
· After hair has cooled, gently pull each section to loosen up curl. Start underneath in the back and work your way forward
· Mist hair with a light hold, anti-humidity spray like Redken Workforce 09
Good luck! Please tell me how it turns out when you try it at home!