Are you looking for that star-quality white smile, but don’t have money to spend on a dentist-office whitening?According to Laura Torrado, Dr.Odont., D.D.S, F.A.G.D., there’s a lot we can do ourselves that will go a long way!
- Always carry Wine Wipes in your purse the day of the event to get rid of purple teeth after sipping wine.
- Use Supersmile Quikee: This is pocket-sized, a no brush/no rinse, on-the-go whitening tooth polish lets you keep your teeth clean anytime, anywhere. Simply apply a drop of Quikee Gel to your tongue and rub it over your teeth. You’ll have instantly fresher breath and whiter teeth. Perfect for those unexpected drop-bys!
And when you are at home:
- A mix of peroxide and baking soda makes a mild abrasive paste that can be used instead of regular paste to get rid of minor existing stains
- Over the counter bleaching strips work well as a more affordable option to expensive whitening procedures
- Brush immediately after ingesting or drinking staining foods
- Never rub lemon on your teeth! It will cause damage to your enamel and will cause cavity causing bacteria