Given the number of highlighter trends there are, it’s safe to say that most of us are in love with the stuff. Before, highlighter was something that we would quickly dust on our cheekbones, and that was if we remembered to. How things have changed. No there are countless different products and numerous different trends that feature highlighter as the star of the show. If you’re down for all of it and you’re still craving more, you’re probably a proud highlighter addict.
Take a look at the signs that you’re definitely addicted to highlighter:
1. You could spend all day talking about the different kinds of pigments.
You know that not all highlighters are created equal. Instead of simply saying you don’t like a product because of the finish or the color, you can go into detail about the pigments. “Refractive,” “micro-encapsulated,” “prismatic,” and “suspended coating” are words that you frequently use to compare products.
2. No highlighter is off limits to you.
Purple? Yes, please. Blue? Definitely. Black? Bring it on. If it has “highlighter” on the package, you’re going to want to buy it. Fact.
3. You have countless products which all fall into the “ivory pearl” classification.
A highlighter newbie might think that all of your ivory highlighters are the same, but you know that is not the case. Everyone has a unique formulation and you need them all. Besides, ivory is a classic shade you will use every day.
4. You almost lost it the first time you saw a rainbow highlighter.
Admit it: You got a bit misty-eyed at how beautiful that rainbow highlighter was. And once the awe subsided, you were then on a serious mission to get that highlighter.
5. The brush is as important consideration as the highlighter.
You consider it a major faux pas to apply your highlighter with any old brush. You use about four different beauty tools depending on the look you’re going for.
6. You’ve had a meltdown when you’ve dropped highlighters on the floor.
You don’t like to admit it, but there were probably tears, lots of cursing, and maybe some yelling. It doesn’t matter that there are hacks that can repair that broken powder. There is probably $2’s worth of highlighter in your carpet that could have gone on your face.
7. You firmly believe that there is no such thing as too much highlighter.
You can never have too many highlighters in your makeup bag. There can never be too many highlighters for sale. And you can never wear too much highlighter on your face.
8. You’re such a pro with your highlighter that you could apply it with your eyes closed.
You don’t even have to think when you’re applying highlighter. Your hands just automatically go through the motions because you’ve done them so many times.
9. It is your dream to create your own bespoke highlighter.
And you have very specific ideas about what it would be like. You have every detail planned out in your mind from the packaging to the pigments to the right ratio of white and pink tones. You might have even attempted to create your own highlighter in your kitchen.
10. You sometimes forget what your face looks like without highlighter.
The only time you see yourself without a full-on strobing look is when you remove your makeup at night and when you wake up in the morning and brush your teeth. The rest of the time, you’re slaying that highlighter all day, every day.