Are you still searching for a decent dry shampoo? Does the thought of going without shampoo for more than 48 hours upset you more than if someone accidentally deleted all of your unwatched episodes of Game Of Thrones? And don’t get me started about how the heat and humidity of summer make you look like a greasy monkey two hours after you wash your hair. Arrrrrrgh. If you have oily hair, then you know what I’m talking about.
Here are 20 other things oily-haired girls will understand:
1. Wash, rinse and repeat is a necessary part of your daily routine.
2. That sometimes dry shampoo isn’t enough.
3. How you can never use shine shampoos because they make your hair look so greasy that you’ll have to rewash it again.
4. Conditioner never, ever goes on your roots.
5. That you really do need to wash your hair on a daily basis and it’s not because you are high maintenance.
6. As much as you want them to be the same, oily hair never looks like shiny hair.
7. When your hairdresser puts product in your roots after she blowdries it and you want to scream, “NOOOOOOOOOOOO!”
8. That there is no such thing as over washing your hair. Washing your hair doesn’t make it extra oily, NOT washing it does.
9. At about 1:00pm you need to put your hair up because it’s starting to feel gross.
10. How annoying people who say they wash their hair once every two weeks are.
11. Teased hairstyles, or any hairdo with body at the roots, are impossible.
12. How your hair can look so oily that people have asked you if it is wet.
13. It is mandatory that you wear your hair up for the entire summer.
14. You are not lazy with your hair, you actually do take care of it.
15. Your roots are always greasy, but your ends are dry and damaged.
16. And brushing your hair 100 times won’t evenly distribute the oils.
17. Anyone with oily hair is automatically stereotyped as evil or a nerdy physics professor.
18. You’re convinced that your oily scalp affects you ability to think clearly–or at least focus on something other than your hair.
19. 2-in-1 shampoos are evil.
20. You can comb your hair back and it will stay in that position, without any product.
(Photo: Siberia – Video and Photo/Shutterstock)