These are my favorite beauty products for the year. Some are old, some are new, some I have talked about and others are on the schedule for the upcoming months. All of them have in common exceptional quality and they do what they say they are going to do, and do it perfectly. These are the products that I consistantly repurchase (or will if I ever need to!), and will never be far away from me:
1. Smashbox Photo Finish Primers: both versions, with and without sunscreen. These silicon based primers absolutely get the job of minimizing fine lines and pores done beautifully without any bad side effects.
2. bareMinerals: still my favorite foundation of the year. I have turned on most of my friends and family to it, and I hope countless others online. bare Minerals is easy to use, economical and leaves your skin looking flawless – all day.
3. MAC eyeshadows – they have been the best forever it seems, and they are still going strong. With new colors being added to their collection constantly, they are at the forefront of fashion, and they frankly are the best performing eyeshadows on the market with no signs of slowing down.
4. Clairsonic facial brush – I have had mine for over a year now, and it performs perfectly. The price tag is a little steep ($200), but it has been well worth it for the benefits to my skin. Got blackheads/whiteheads? Get a Clairsonic – truly.
5. Cibu Pho-Finish hair spray – I really don’t use any other on a regular basis, and haven’t in the past three years. I try them, but always go back to old faithful. I love the scent, the hold and the workability – what else do you need?
6. Tourmaline technology hair styling gadgets – there is not much to say other than the fact that these really do work. The technology drys/styles your hair with minimal damage, and that alone is worth the slightly higher price tag. There are many brands out there to choose from, the most recent ones I have used have been by Conair, in their Infinity line. They are so technologically advanced you can find them in Best Buy (as well as in your local drugstores and Ulta). Yeah!
7. Home laser treatments – the Rejuvawand is the one I have used, and it really works. If you are faithful about using it, you will reap the rewards. Again, the price tag on this one is a little steep, but well worth it – you will see results. Man, I love technology, and I especially love dermatological and spa treatments that come home.
8. Smashbox Photo Op Under Eye Brightener – this is a newish Smashbox product that competes with the much loved YSL Touche Eclat. Smashbox does the job the big guy (gal?) does, but for half the price. And its a good thing, because neither comes in a very big tube and doesn’t last all that long. ;)
9. Smashbox Cream Eye Liner – Yes, again. I hardly use pencils at all anymore (although I still have an undying love for MAC’s kohl eyeliners, and a silver eyeliner I have from Shiseido). Smashbox’s cream eye liner lasts forever on your eye (and in the pot!), goes on beautifully, and comes in a gorgeous array of colors. Caviar and Midnight Purple are my staples, and their palette will never leave my makeup case.
10. Oh there are so many other great products out there – but in the interest of trying to cover all of my beauty areas, my number 10 spot goes to Cetaphil cream. This huge tub of thick, non greasy cream stays at my bedside, and gets used every night before I go to bed. I discovered this cream after my dermatologist recommended I try the Cetaphil cleanser – I have been a fan of this cream for 10 years or more (the cleanser is amazing too, esp. when your skin is acting sensitive), and while there are lots of other lotions and creams that are great, you just can’t beat Cetaphil for the quality and the price. I put it in smaller containers mixed with my favorite fragrances (it is unscented), and I just use it like its going out of style. I hope it never does.