Sephora is a magical land full of all the weird beauty products you could possibly want to put on your face. It’s like a Chocolate Factory full of little delights to play with, and as such it has its own Violet Beauregards and Veruca Salts. Here are the 16 people you will meet at Sephora.
1. The Woman Who Hogs The Mirror
The mirror is 5” in diameter. That means there’s only room for one of you, and she was here first, bitch. She is claiming that territory with both elbows, and God help you if you try to reach something she’s standing in front of.
2. The Woman Who Is Giving Herself A Full Manicure
Between all the testers in the store, you could probably give yourself a paraffin treatment and a seaweed wrap. The only reason you don’t is because you feel it is socially unacceptable. This woman has no such compunction.
3. The Woman Trying A Different Color On Every Nail
4. The Professional Makeup Artist Who Is Totally Going To Return Everything The Next Day
Thanks to Sephora’s wildly generous return policy, you can totally buy all the weird, cool products to try for a shoot or an evening out, then return them when you’re done. “I don’t like them” is an acceptable excuse.
5. The Woman Who Thinks You Know About Everything
“Umm… one is sparklier?” you answer, but you don’t really know.
6. The Woman Who Is Stunned By All The Prices
“This is so expensive!” gasps a complete stranger next to you. “Who buys this stuff!? Can you believe what they’re charging for this?” Just smile and giggle a bit while you try to hide the fact that all the things that have horrified her are in your basket.
7. The Tween Girls Who Are So Excited
This crew is a squealing army of little girls who probably just started wearing makeup. You will probably find them trying on all the perfume at once, or at the Urban Decay display, giggling over the sexy product names.
8. The Woman Getting Ready For A Job Interview
9. The Overeager Employee Who Just Wants To Give A Damned Makeover Already
This woman has seen every episode of America’s Next Top Model and dreams in transformation montages. Her favorite movie is Miss Congeniality. Be careful, she will make you look like a Walmart Maleficent.
10. The Woman Who Is Totally Ignoring Her Kid
This woman just needs a damn break and to treat herself to a new nail polish. Unfortunately, while she’s looking at all the designer perfume she’s not going to buy, her kid has just licked all the eye shadow testers in the Nars display.
11. The Woman Who Is Too Susceptible To Impulse Purchases
This woman had one thing in her basket until she got to the checkout line, but by the time she makes it to the register her basket will be overflowing with rollerball perfumes, tiny mascaras, scented lip balm, and nail scissors. Those things lined up by the queue aren’t really cheaper, they just seem that way because they’re small. (This is also me.)
12. The Partner Who Doesn’t Want To Be There
13. The Woman Who Is Clearly Going On A Date And Doesn’t Want To Buy Anything
14. The Woman Trying Out All The New Trends
15. The Woman Thinking About Stealing The Perfume Tester
16. The Woman Who Is So Good At Makeup You Feel All Intimidated