Bellasugar has a recipe for a DIY acne-fighting gel. You can make it yourself and then guzzle the leftover vodka. Everybody wins!
- 15 marigold flowers
- 2 cups of filtered water
- 1 packet of vegetable gelatin
- 15 drops of tea tree oil
- 4 teaspoons vodka
- Boil the water. Place the marigolds in a glass bowl and pour the boiling water over them. Let steep for about 1/2 hour.
- Using a blender, mix the flowers and water together for about 30 seconds.
- Strain the mixture, using cheesecloth, into a glass measuring cup.
- In another glass bowl, mix 2 tablespoons of filtered, cool water with the gelatin. Slowly add the marigold mixture, and stir to blend.
- Then, add in the vodka and tea tree oil, mixing very well to remove any clumps.
- Finally, use a funnel to dispense the acne gel into a 4-ounce pump. Your gel will last for about eight weeks, stored in the fridge.