Have you ever gotten sucked down the rabbit hole of beauty videos on YouTube, emerging for air only after realizing that you’d need four times your current paycheck just to replicate some of the tutorials? Half the fun of watching beauty bloggers is imagining yourself as the kind of person who could buy Louboutins on a whim, but sometimes these videos go beyond “aspirational” and just become… ridiculous. If you’re looking for a laugh, here are three videos that make Carrie Bradshaw’s closet look like a Forever 21.
Blair Fowler is a 21-year-old mogul who, along with her equally talented big sister, has earned a big chunk of money from her makeup tutorials. While her success is totally deserved, it may be warping her sense of reality when it comes to the beauty products that average young women can buy. This particular video is bound to be on the pricier side, considering the litany of high-end products she uses. Including:
- Pixi skintreats Glow Tonic – $29
- Liz Earle Skin Repair Moisturizer – $39.90
- Antipodes Kiwi Seed Oil Eye Cream – $43.73
- Laneige BB Cushion – $34
- Diorskin Sculpt – $49
- Bobbi Brown Concealer and Foundation Stick Pro Palette – $290
- Covergirl Concealer Balm – $8
- Chanel Pressed Powder – $50
- NYX Loose Powder – $10
- Josie Maran Argan Illuminizer – $36
- Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge – $26
- Mac Bronzer – $25
- Smashbox 24 Hour Photo Finish Shadow Primer – $20
- Too Faced Natural Eyeshadow Palette – $36
- Urban Decay Deluxe Eyeshadow Palette – $29
- Nars Cordura Eyeshadow Duo – $35
- NYX Eyeliner – $10
- Brow Bar to Go by Whitening Lightning – $48
- Marc Jacobs Magic Mar’cer Precision Eyeliner Pen – $30
- Bobbi Brown Pretty Powerful Mascara – $25
- Kiss Ever EZ False Lashes – $6.49
- Duo Lash Glue – $9
- YSL Lip Liner – $30
- Mac Lipstick – $16
- Stila Cosmetics Lip Glaze – $15
- Redken Satin Wear Blow Dry Lotion – $18
- Kerastase Lift Vertige Medium Hold – $35
- Kerastase Spray a Porter Flexible Hold – $35
- Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray – $21.50
All of these add up for a grand total of $1069.62. Probably not the most reasonable, but maybe that’s just me.
Meet Lexi, the fashion blogger who owns more Christian Louboutins than you’ve probably ever seen in real life. In this video, she takes us through half of her collection… which, if sold on Ebay, could pay off my entire car.
All of these shoes (which, by the way, are only the second half of her collection) come out to about $12,276.03. I can’t say I have the exact same priorities when it comes to my money, but who am I to judge? If you want to watch the first half of her collection, you can see it here.
Fleur DeForce is known for being one of the more down-to-earth beauty bloggers, even though she has a taste for luxury and her closet is enviable as hell. Still, this video (which is meant to be an accurate representation of how the average woman would get ready for a wedding), will bring you down $832.98— just for the makeup and hygiene. All the products she uses are listed in the video description, if you dare.
Photos via YouTube