Can’t boil water? Does making a souffle sound confusing? You can still cook or bake a delicious, fancy-like dessert for the Valentine in your life. Or, hell, even for yourself!
These ten recipes are ridiculously simple and won’t take up too much of your time. They’re perfect for those layabouts who are a bit lazy about cooking, but who still want to give their significant other some kind of a sweet treat for Valentine’s Day.
1. Chocolate Brie Panini via Just A Taste
Chocolate AND cheese AND bread AND only a few minutes worth of work.
2. Warm Pears With Cinnamon Ricotta via The Boot
So easy, so unexpected.
3. Lemon Posset via Food52
Three ingredients. THREE INGREDIENTS, everyone.
4. Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Cream via HipsterFood
Combine ingredients, chill and enjoy. Yum.
5. Fresh Fruit Salad With Lime-Honey Dressing via Southern Bite
Fruity, easy, done.
6. Strawberry Icebox Cake via Chew Out Loud
No baking required for this delicious cake.
7. Oatmeal Brown Sugar Baked Apples via The Kitchn
Apples never looked so good (or so warm).
8. One Bowl Chocolate Cake via 5 Second Rule
A simple, decadent cake.
9. Fluffernutter Bars via Bakerita
Easier than they look and damn, don’t they look good?
10. Easy Creme Brulee via A Sweet Pea Chef
Seriously, it’s easy. No double-boiler or anything like that!
All photos via respective websites