I know when you think of The Gloss you immediately think, “hard-hitting investigative journalism,” and that is exactly the reputation I’m here to solidify, right here, right now. First, I went in firsthand, undercover you might say, and tackled “10 Poses Every Fashion Blogger Does,” from “Laughing into the Abyss” to “The Stoop Kid.” Word on the street (also known as the comments section) is that I totally nailed it.
But now I really wanted to dig deep into these fashion and lifestyle bloggers’ Instagram feeds. Brought to you by hours of scrolling and a keen eye for berries, I present: the 10 photographs every style blogger takes.
1. The Brunch Shot
The brunch shot is more than a trend, it’s an epidemic. One that’s moving to infect even us commoners. I’ve done it, you’ve done it, let’s just all admit it.
2. Bloggers Love Berries
Seriously, bloggers love berries more than fashion.
3. Graffiti Walls
Who the hell can blame them, there is some mad cool graffiti in my Instagram feed and I love it.
4. The “I Eat Junk Food, Just Like You!”
Just kidding, I’m sure even the most modelesque (new word) bloggers indulge every once in awhile.
5. Doors, Literal Doors
I’ve never known so many people to be fascinated by cute doors in real life, but apparently this fixation is all too real.
6. Swimsuits On My Bed Because I’m Too Classy To Show Myself Wearing Them
Smart play girls, smart play. For the more scandalous: substitute lingerie.
7. The Staged Paparazzi Shot
Also known as the “New York Fashion Week Street Cross”
8. The Funny Event Photobooth Shot
Obviously, designed to make you want to feel like one of the gals! And dammit it works every time.
9. Oh My God The Flowers
There are three different close-up flower shots all within scrolling range on my Instagram feed as we speak, and here they are.
10. Skylines For Days
Runner’s Up that just missed the cut:
- The “Decisions, Decisions” Nail Polish Wall Picture
- The “Whats In My Purse?”
- The Lone Hat And Sunglasses On The Beach
- The Designer Bag Next To Pigeon Toed Feet
- The “Look At How Much Cute Travel-Sized Stuff I Have” (Packing)
- Vintage Cameras
- Starbucks, Mostly Chai
- Look At My Silly Sketches (Oh Wait They’re Amazing)
- To-Do Lists
- See This Seascape Through My Sunglasses
Any more that I’m missing?