From the bizarro nightmare that is Versace to the glitzy psychosexual circus that is the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show, sometimes it seems like we’ve already stretched runway fashion to its absolute most ridiculous point. Luckily (?), British designer Kay Kwok‘s recent line of men’s clothing has brought a whole new meaning to “WTF.” Prepare yourself.
1. To begin, let’s discuss this insane balloon costume that was undoubtedly inspired by the characters in the M&Ms commercials. Or maybe the mascot for those Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches? WTF.
2. Then, of course, you have this thing. It looks like someone fell asleep on a shag carpet wearing Google Glass. Or maybe a vaguely homoerotic Darth Vader cosplay. Or possibly Lady Gaga turning into the Black Swan.
3. Which brings us to one of my personal favorites. This outfit is the perfect gift for that special guy who’s always dreamed of dressing like he’s part of an evil alien army in a sci-fi show. Is that a sword? Is that a gun? Is that a lightsaber? Nah, it’s a weird hunk of metal attached arbitrarily to his chest. (P.S. Sweet turtleneck, brah.)
4. But wait! It gets better! If you’ve always wondered what Lucius Malfoy would look like with an 19th century German schoolboy haircut, here you can see him wearing one of those airbrushed t-shirts they sell at carnivals. In suit form.
5. If you envy James Franco‘s character from Spring Breakers but have always thought he wasn’t dressed enough like apl.de.ap, this crazy smock will fulfill all your dreams. I appreciate that the model is wearing new white sneakers, too, because it supports my theory that he’s part of that Heaven’s Gate suicide cult traveling back in time.
I’m grateful that designers continue to break down boundaries and try new things, and I’m grateful that runway fashion hasn’t gotten boring yet, but how exactly are we supposed to feel about these insane space costumes? WTF. I can’t picture any human being wearing these clothes… ever… but I’ll probably be staring at the photos for a long time.
Images via Getty