Anna Dello Russo will be attending the Met Gala this year (and she’s so excited she used ‘extraordinary’ twice) (I would, too, this is the Alexander McQueen exhibit after all). Upon receiving the invitation, she immediately took to her (amazing) blog and wrote up 10 rules for attending. They amount to: the Met Gala organizers may find your watch rude and you will have to give yourself another name to transform into another woman. Okay:
1. It’s Prohibited choose the wrong OUTFIT. Look and look again hundred thousand times all the shows on Vogue.com.
2. Opt for the HAUTE COUTURE. You only live once!
3. For at least a month before, prepare your BODY with an iron DETOX discipline and a daily TRAINING. You must be radiant!
4. Choose a long evening GOWN. Unless you don’t have the Giselle’s body not wear a short dress!
5. Put some beautiful SHOES with which walk straight and FIERCE. Your legs cannot wobbling over HELLS exceeding 11 cm.
6. MAKEUP and HAIR: Here you can exaggerate! You have to invent a character, you’ll transform into another woman, give her another name and you’ll feel more SECURE.
7. Strictly: JEWEL-CLUTCH in hand.
8. Leave your WATCH at home, even if precious, cause it may be unkind to those who invited you.
9. Rigorously forbidden to take iPhone pics at VIP’S and CELEBS!
10. When you get to that very long, dreadful RED CARPET, take a deep breath and SMILE.
Also. Does anyone know what an “iron detox” is?