It’s the most wonderful time of the year — NO not really suckas because Xmas is still 90 days away but that doesn’t stop places like Barney’s from announcing their fantabulous new holiday collection this year will be curated by none other than H-to-the-izz-O-V-to-the-izz-A. Fun fact: A few years ago I purchased some Lady Gaga gumballs for like way too much scratch that we never, ever ate and still sit in the super cool packaging so I cannot tell you if they are made with actual pieces of Gaga in them, but they are covered in sprinkles. From NY Mag, Jay Z has :
gotten a bunch of his designer friends (labels like Lanvin, Balenciaga, and Proenza Schouler, to name a few) to make special-edition goods for the occasion, all with a streamlined black, white, silver, and gold color scheme.
And if you haven’t fallen asleep yet due to how utterlyfuckingboring this sounds:
A sampling of what’ll be for sale:
• A black leather backpack by Alexander Wang for Balenciaga
• A men’s raincoat with gold snap buttons by Stockholm-based designer Alexander Stutterheim ($675)
• A cashmere blanket by the Elder Statesman
• An 18-karat-gold double ring by Hoorsenbuhs
• A men’s bag by Proenza Schouler
• A Shawn Carter by Hublot watch with black alligator straps ($33,900), also available in polished black ceramic ($17,900)
• Or, on the cheaper end, a Barneys cotton T-shirt ($70)
So basically, if you aren’t Beyonce, which you ARE NOT, all you can basically afford is the T-shirt. Whee. Merry Christmas. At least Gaga had cute Christmas ornaments for sale.