Here are a few tips from celebrity makeup artist Christopher Drummond (he’s worked with Jennifer Lopez, Paula Patton, and Kimora Lee Simmons) to create the perfect lip look:
- To feel more romantic, use naturally-scented lip products.
- If you don’t like bright red lipstick, wear a soft red gloss instead.
- Valentine’s Day is all about kissing the one you love. Be sure to keep your lips hydrated with shea butter. This natural ingredient keeps your lips smoother longer than petroleum.
- Use a lip liner on top of lipstick. This helps to avoid the obvious line around the lips when your gloss comes off. Lining after your lip color also allows for easier application and blendability.
- For fuller lips, add shimmer. Apply Christopher Drummond Beauty Relache Ice Eye Shadow to the inner lips to create the illusion of fullness.
If you’re in the market for a new lip gloss, Christopher Drummond Beauty offers an all-natural, petroleum-free, soft red lip gloss called “Luscious.” The gloss contains the essential oil of blood orange, which gives it a light, refreshing citrus scent. It also contains castor oil, coconut oil, soybean oil and vitamin E.
Image credit: Christopher Drummond