Between his stoic facial expressions, odd statements about the human body, and affinity for covering his eyes with dark glasses, it seems obvious that Karl Lagerfeld is, in fact, an alien. The mastermind behind Chanel and Fendi is not only too good at his job to be human, but you only have to glance at a picture of him to understand that he’s an immortal creature. If you still need further proof, here are ten photos of Karl that will surely convince you that he’s not of this planet.
1. Here’s a photo of Karl at Milan Fashion Week in 2004. As you can see, he hasn’t aged significantly in the last decade, despite the fact that he’s 80 years old in Earth years.
2. Anyone would look old, gross, and frumpy if you posed them next to Erin Wasson, but Karl looks relatively normal on this H&M billboard. How is that humanly possible? It’s not.
3. Here’s a photo from the Bambi Awards, during which Karl tried to understand what a deer was by rubbing a gold-plated one on his face.
4. The Vogue Fashion Fund Awards were a fun experience for Karl, as evidenced by this photo of him trying to look natural while surrounded by organic matter.
5. The giant coke bottles probably remind Karl of the vessels that his species sleeps in.
6. Sometimes Karl looks like he’s choking on oxygen. Is it because he’s elderly? Maybe. It it because he wasn’t built to breathe air? Probably.
7. If we made contact with aliens and put this picture on the cover of the New York Times to prove it, I wouldn’t even bat an eye. Some might say this is just Karl and Cara Delevingne at Paris Fashion Week, but I know it’s their wedding photo from some faraway planet.
8. Karl looks way too composed around Cara’s perfectly flat stomach to be fully human.
9. Here’s a photo of Karl attempting to replicate “the wave” and “the smile.”
10. And here’s a photo of Karl looking bored while standing next to Janelle Monae, which is flat-out impossible. Not a thing people can do. There’s all the proof you need.
Photos via Getty Images