Say what you will about Kim Kardashian, but you have to admit that she goes hard when it comes to fashion. If she’s wearing yellow, she’s wearing the hell out of yellow. If she’s wearing Dior, she’s wearing Dior her way. And if she’s wearing jeans, she’s wearing… only jeans.
During a Parisian lunch date with Serena Williams, Kim made the interesting choice to don head-to-toe denim. She paired some high-waisted jeans (the tight kind that dudes tend to hate, not that we care) with a tucked-in denim shirt and beige heels. Some call this look the Canadian Tuxedo. Others call it “omg remember when Britney and Justin wore matching denim at the 2001 AMAs.” We call it a Fashion Disaster.
It’s always a good time when Kim wears something ridiculous enough to earn the Fashion Disaster label, because she somehow manages to look super hot even when she’s dressing like someone buying a garden hose at Wal-Mart. Kim’s my favorite target for fashion critique for several reasons, actually:
- She’s a gorgeous sex symbol with through-the-roof confidence, so she can definitely handle some lighthearted jokes about her weird skirts.
- She’s not afraid to wear something new, strange, or rule-breaking, so her clothes are bound to be crazy from time to time.
- Everything she wears will probably come into fashion later on and we’ll eventually feel stupid for having made fun of it.
- I don’t feel guilty looking at candid photos of her living her life (within reason, of course) since her job is to live her life in public.
- She looks so awesome the rest of the time that it’s noteworthy when she’s dressed like a weirdo.
I can’t say I understand what she’s going for here, and I can’t say I’m looking forward to the influx of denim-on-denim that we’re inevitably about to see, but I have to give her props for having the courage to do whatever the hell she wants with her clothes.
Photos: Pacific Coast News