Last night’s Met Gala was an embarrassment of riches for fashion observers like us, and there were some stunning looks from surprising sources as well as your garden variety awful outfits to pick though. While we were taking in all the fashion home runs and mishaps, the pretty shiny famous types were actually partying, and thank goodness, they Instagrammed the whole thing. It looks like way more fun than I would have imagined–I always picture these events to be obligations. Boy oh boy, I know nothing. From the getting ready to the ride over to the event itself, everyone seems to be having one hell of a time.
Here’s our top 20 celebrity Instagrams from the night, which give us a little insight into the Met Gala from their point of view.
1. Karlie Kloss and Taylor Swift got ready together.
That’s actually super cute. It reminds me of high school.
2. Reese Witherspoon posed with some sort of balloon.
3. Kendall Jenner‘s first look.
Like an all nude mermaid!
4. Nicole Richie‘s bathroom shot shows where the party ended up.
5. Dita Von Teese and Zac Posen upped the glamour.
I mean. That cape on Posen. Come on.
6. Ivanka Trump‘s daughter tried to suggest a princess dress for the evening.
Oh gosh, that’s very cute.
7. Hailee Steinfeld posted this getting ready pic.
What do we think? Self timer?
8. Oh jeez, this is my favorite picture of the night.
Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, and Lupita Nyong’o are the best.
9. Kristen Stewart getting her braid done.
When did her hair turn red?
10. Kendall Jenner, Jourdan Dunn, and Chanel Iman pose for a selfie.
A very, very beautiful selfie.
11. Kim Kardashian Instagrammed about a billion photos, but we’re partial to these two:
Kanye’s face wins the night.
12. Kanye & Jay Z.
13. Selena Gomez hangs out with our favorite high flyers.
Chrissy Teigen and John Legend seem the like the kind of people I’d want to run into at a party.
14. Kate Upton‘s getting ready shot seems a little braggy.
But I won’t hold it against her.
15. Jason Wu and Dakota Johnson are a lovely pair.
16. Cara Delevingne got some custom undies for the evening.
Where can I get a pair?
17. Rashida Jones on the way.
I really want to be in that car. That car is where all the fun in all the world is.
18. Suki Waterhouse drowned in origami.
Good thing everything shook out nicely when she stood up.
19. How many takes do you think it took go get Lea Michele‘s towel draped just right?
I’m guessing seven.
20. Rita Ora partied in a veil.