It’s tricky to figure out what to wear in winter. You have to think about staying warm and not freezing body parts off, possibly adhering to a dress code, and trying to look somewhat stylish. It’s even worse trying to figure what to wear on a hot date in the freezing weather. You want to look sexy and like you made a bit of an effort, but most of the things you normally wear won’t work, unless you’re okay with body parts turning blue and frostbitten. Your sandals and cutout heels aren’t the best shoes for a cold weather date. That doesn’t mean you’re stuck wearing UGGs.
These are 16 pairs of shoes you can wear on a winter date that you don’t have to worry about freezing your toes off:
1. Reptile Texture Leather Ankle Boots ($150, & Other Stories) Instead of a printed dress, add some interest to your outfit with textured shoes. This kitten heel is easy to walk in, even on slushy streets.
2. Shiny Print High-Heeled Booties ($99.90, Zara) Animal print boots don’t necessarily make you look like a certain kind of lady of the night. These ankle boots are sexy, but aren’t the type of shoe that will get you stopped at street corners.
3. You Haute To Know Booties ($54.99, ModCloth) These red ruffled booties look like the shoe version of Valentine’s Day. Don’t worry, you can still get away with them on any other cold day of the year.
4. Enzo Angiolini Galtis Tall Boots ($159.99, Shoebuy) Not all tall boots have a super high heel. These knee-length boots have a sturdy kitten heel that gives you a bit of height, but you could easily dance all night in them.
5. Paper Premium Boots ($190, Topshop) Swap your dark booties for a winter white leather pair. The studded toe and metal details add even more interest.
Click the next page to see more boots you can wear on a date during the cold weather.
6. PI Pointed Shoe Boots ($79.59, ASOS) Are you confused about what shoes to wear with your winter skirts? These shoe boots keep your toes covered, and work just as well with tights in the cold weather as they do with bare legs come the spring.
7. Pasionn Booties ($99.95, Steve Madden) Before you make any blue suede shoe jokes, let me point out that these are booties, and very cool ones at that. Why wear brown when you can wear blue suede?
8. Destini Booties ($179.99, Carolinna Espinosa) Black boots don’t have to be boring. These funky booties have a zebra print heel and two chunky zippers. They are eye-catching, but still versatile.
9. Bella Vita Nala Booties ($89.85, Zappos) Black boots are probably you go-to winter shoe, right? If you want to break out of your basic black rut, these fog-hued booties are a good choice. They can be worn with a variety of things in your wardrobe. Plus, how cute is that ruffle?
10. Brantingham Boots ($90, Aldo) Slipping on a tall pair of boots instantly ups the sexiness of your look. You could be wearing a faded college hoodie and ripped jeans and these boots would make your outfit look appropriate for a hot date. Almost.
11. Nine West Kiya Shoe Booties ($55.99, Shoebuy) These wine-colored shoe booties can be worn now, and in the warm weather. The wedge gives you a few extra inches in height, but it is much more comfortable than a super skinny heel.
12. Not Rated Mohegan Booties ($64.99, Zappos) A fringed dress is fun, but so are a pair of fringed booties. If there is at least a 1% chance that you are going to be dancing, wear these boots.
14. Cole Haan Garner Tall Boots ($149.99, Macy’s) Keep your legs protected from blustery snow–but still look hot–in these brown leather boots. They have a hidden elasticated cuff for a comfortable fit.
15. Jeopardy Lace Bootie ($90, Nasty Gal) If it isn’t completely freezing out, you can get away with exposing a bit of toe. These pretty black lace booties are worth it. (You can always wear them with thick tights.)
16. Grey City Benson Booties ($104, Revolve Clothing) If you refuse to give up wearing dresses or skirts in the winter, these booties are a good match. They keep your toes covered, and you get to show off the cutout ankle detail. They also work with pants, if you ever decide to cover up your legs.